WATCH ME COOK ON OUR YOUTUBE!!
I’m obsessed with banana bread, and even more so when it’s simple & guilt-free!
This Banana Maple & Walnut bread can be adjusted to suit all dietary needs:
- VEGAN – swap eggs for flax eggs & use maple syrup in place of honey
- GLUTEN FREE – use gluten free flour or alternatives such as coconut flour
- PALEO – use coconut or almond flour in place of regular flours (note: this makes the bread much more dense)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- coconut oil – 1/3 cup + more to grease the cake tin
- ripe bananas – 1 cup
- maple syrup or honey – 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 walnuts
- flour – 1 & 1/2 cups (I used a mixture of wholegrain, oat & coconut flour)
- salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 water or mylk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract & essence
Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
Melt coconut oil & combine with maple syrup or honey.
Add mashed bananas and eggs – beat well.
Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt and vanilla and mix.
In smaller batches, add the flour and mix until smooth and well combined.
Add water or mylk until the batter is smooth and able to be folded.
Finally add the walnuts, mixing them in evenly.
Pour mixture into greased loaf tin & dust with cinnamon.
Cook for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy! Don’t eat it all at once. Xx